Comfortable ride delivered by an operator station with adjustable controls and seat position
The operator station is designed to provide superior operator comfort for many different operators:
- Large foot platform
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Optional rubber foot mat (not shown) available for extra foot comfort
- Optional foot pegs (not shown) available to allow various positions for operator’s feet
- Adjustable seat fore-aft position, armrests, and spring suspension to suit each operator
- Control panel conveniently located to the right of the seat
- Adjustable motion-control levers
- Upper and lower positioning combined with forward and rearward tilt offers more legroom and hand positions
The comfortable seat has two suspension springs and no-tools, fore-aft seat adjustment that can be used by the operator while seated. The Z515E has:
- A medium-back, 18-in. (45.7-cm) seat with thick foam padding for good support and comfort
- Armrests as standard equipment
- 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment to make each operator comfortable
FOOT PEGS (STANDARD ON R SERIES, OPTIONAL ON E AND M SERIES)
Foot pegs provide you with more foot placement options and act as convenient handles to remove and replace the foot platform.
NOTE: Foot pegs are standard on the Z530R and Z545R and an optional extra-cost kit on the Z515E and Z530M.
CUP HOLDER AND STORAGE COMPARTMENT
The dual beverage holder on the left fender and storage compartment on the right fender add convenience for the operator:
- Room for two drink containers of various sizes for longer mowing jobs
- Storage compartment provides a safe and convenient location to store tools and supplies
NOTE: A storage compartment cover is standard on the Z530R and Z545R.
CONTROL CONSOLE INCLUDES AN EASY-TO-READ FUEL GAUGE
The control console is located to the right of the operator station and includes the following:
- Digital display
- Easy-to-read fuel gauge keeps track of the amount of fuel remaining to minimize time spent stopping to refuel.
- Hour meter shows operating hours to keep maintenance on schedule.
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control (yellow)
- Engine speed control (orange)
- Spring-loaded engine choke control so it is not inadvertently left on
- Space for an optional light kit switch
- Space for an additional electric control switch
FUEL SIGHT WIDOW AND FILL CAP
A conveniently located fuel-sight window allows the operator to view the fuel level when approaching the vehicle from the front:
- Semi-clear material makes seeing how much fuel is in the tank quick and easy.
- Large, 3-in. (7.6-cm) diameter fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Fuel-fill opening is low and angled to make adding fuel easy.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
CUT-HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT AND TRANSPORT LOCK
- To adjust cut height, simply push down on the foot-lift pedal, place the cut-height pin in the desired location, and release the foot-lift pedal to lower the deck to the chosen height.
- Use the foot-lift pedal to lock the deck in transport mode. Simply depress the pedal all the way and the deck will lock into transport mode.
- To unlock and lower the deck, push down on the foot-lift pedal, pull up on the transport unlock lever, and release the foot-lift pedal to lower the deck to the chosen height.
PRODUCTIVITY - GETTING THE JOB DONE FAST
Deep mower-deck stamping delivers high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows room for the cut and suspended material to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves the mower’s capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance and cut quality in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal recutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
The MulchControl system for Accel Deep Mower Decks is an optional field-installed attachment and makes mulching practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching, but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect lawn material.
Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer required
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
How MulchControl works
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The MulchControl baffle, or divider, between the left and middle spindles is about halfway down. The height is designed to balance the mulching and side-discharge modes.
- When the MulchControl baffle is open, the divider between the left and middle spindles passes a portion of the material to the discharge opening, along with the material from the middle and right spindle areas.
- When the MulchControl baffle is closed, the material stays within the deck and gets chopped into mulch and deposited in the turf.
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off of the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
- Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl still mulches about one third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
- When optimum bagging and lawn cleanup is desired
6.5-BU (230-L) POWER FLOW REAR BAGGER (NOT AVAILABLE FOR 60-IN. [152-CM] MOWER DECK)
An optional 6.5-bu (230-L) Power Flow rear bagger material collection system (MCS) is available. It provides an efficient means of collecting grass clippings and leaves:
- The Power Flow blower and chute are easy to install.
- The Power Flow blower swings out for easy cleanout and cleanup. The hopper design provides modern styling, great bagging performance, cleaner operation, and easy-to-empty bags:
- Easy-to-attach Power Flow blower (ordered separately)
- Easy-to-attach chute (ordered separately)
- Air exhaust duct
- Convenient spring-latch
- Airflow fill indicator
- Quik-Tatch™ mounting
- Sealed hopper top
- Loose-knit bags available
- Hopper kit comes with ballast bracket
Get superior performance and reliability with a large 44.2-cu in. (724-cc) displacement engine that has many premium features:
- Easy inspection and removal of any debris that may have collected using two large cleanout ports that are integrated into the engine shroud over the cylinder heads.
- Engine service times, reliability, and life are increased with the use of premium engine oil and air filtering systems, as well as the cooling design.
Experience plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions with the 24-hp (17.9-kW) V-twin engine:
- Greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality from the V-twin cylinder design
- Fast starts with electronic ignition
- Long engine life with cast-iron cylinder liners
- Excellent power and fuel economy with overhead valves
- Reliable operation with in-line fuel filter
Great appearance, reliability, and performance delivered by a heavy-duty design
FRONT AND SIDE LIGHTS (OPTION ON Z515E AND Z530M)
The attractive design includes a provision for light-emitting diode (LED) lighting:
- Two front lights face forward for front visibility.
- Side lights are positioned to provide excellent visibility of the mower deck.
NOTE: Lights are standard on the Z530R and Z545R and optional on the Z515E and Z530M.
LARGE REAR TIRES
Rear tires have high-quality tread and optimum size for superior traction and smooth ride:
- Tire size is 22x9.5-10.
- Tread pattern is optimized for excellent traction and minimum turf damage.